Traverse City Uncorked celebrates wine tasting with perks, discounts and prizes
TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Whether you’re here for the gorgeous vineyard views, the sips of reds, whites and rosés – or just the memories to be made in the Traverse Wine Coast region – wine tasting in the month of May just had a little more fun with the new Uncorked promotion.
A mobile passport will guide you as you taste the flavors of nearly 20 participating wineries on the Leelanau and Old Mission peninsulas. The Uncorked Passport offers special discounts at each stop. Some wineries offer up to 15% off bottle purchases, while others offer attendees $5 wine tastings or free glasses of sparkling wine. Once you complete a handful of tours anytime in May, you qualify for prizes.
“This promotion was very popular last year and drew visitors from all over the Midwest,” said Traverse City Tourism President Trevor Tkach. “There’s a lot of excitement around Traverse City Uncorked when our winemakers can show off the care and craftsmanship that goes into every glass of their wine.”
“When you combine the quality of the wines with incredible views, the region’s vineyards have become a powerful attraction for visitors and local residents alike.”
Here’s how the Uncorked promotion works:
- Register for the Uncorked Passport on the Traverse City Tourism website by clicking here.
- Your passport will be delivered to your phone via email and SMS.
- Scroll to see participating wineries you’d like to visit. Some tasting rooms offer discounts on bottles, others on the tastings themselves. Use your digital passport to check in at each location you select.
- When you have checked in at five wineries on the Passport, you are eligible to claim a wine related gift from the Traverse City Tourist Office.
- Spend the night ? If you book a stay at a participating Traverse City hotel, you can be entered to win a wine-themed vacation in the region. The grand prize winner will be announced in June.