Fun Pencil Food and Drink Events This July – Gastronomic SLC
Argentine Wine Dinner Caffe Molise
Now celebrating 29 years in business, this Italian downtown stalwart is offering its next wine dinner on July 18th. Held in the BTG Wine Bar space on the ground floor, sommelier Louis Koppel will host Vino del Sol – Argentine wine specialists.
Beginning at 7:00 p.m., the evening will see Chef Fred Moesinger’s four-course menu and carefully selected wine pairings – all terroir-driven, estate-grown and family-owned. Cost is $100 per person ($50 food, $50 wine) and Vino Del Sol rep Mark Wilson will be on hand to speak to guests. Call for reservations.
404 SW Temple St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Food Truck Battle
“Chow down for charity at Liberty Park on Saturday, July 16 from 4-10 p.m.” – sums this one up perfectly. The eighth edition food truck showdown returns next week with funds raised to support the Fourth Street Clinic, Children’s Center Utah and Utah Community Action. Participating trucks include the following:
Stanza Rosé Wine Dinner
On Thursday, July 14, Stanza’s Paul Cafaro will prepare a six-course dinner, accompanied by wines from Javier Zuniga and Alaina Rahimzadegan. The cost is $120 per person ($95 for food and $25 for wine), dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. and the menu is as follows:
- Seafood salad with citrus fruits, mesclun, blood orange, grapefruit, strawberry, pomegranate, prosciutto, giant prawn, crab claw, mango vinaigrette
- Figuière, Mediterranean Rosé, 2021
- Duck breast, corn and poblano summer ravioli, roasted red peppers, ramps, confit leek, jalapeño grapefruit jelly
- Casal Garcia, Rosé, 2017
- Lime lychee sorbet
- Rainbow trout, mashed English peas & mint, crunchy Brabant potatoes, horseradish cream with dill,
carrot & radish ceviche, lemon hollandaise
- Cantele, Negroamaro Rosato, 2020
- Duroc-stuffed pork tenderloin, prosciutto, pecorino, spinach, orange and Fresno pepper marmalade, parmesan fingerling potatoes
- Piattelli, Malbec Rosé, 2021
- Raspberry semifreddo, Venetian almond cake, lavender almond croccante, lavender honey syrup
- Zonin, Prosecco DOC Rosé, Extra Dry
454 E 300 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
beer pie day
More news to follow on the details of this one, but pop Sunday July 24 in your diary. It is the date of the return of official Pie and Beer Festival in downtown SLC. The event took a while due to C19 woes, but is back for 2022. This year the event will also move to The Gateway. Expect a myriad of beers, local bakers and live music. Watch this place.
Franck’s Southern Supper
On July 25, this fine-dining restaurant in Cottonwood will host a special Southern-inspired dinner. The meal begins at 6:00 p.m. and includes 4 different Southern bourbons served with four courses. Menu as follows:
- Appetizer biscuit-warm cream, honey butter/tabasco-strawberry jam
- House-cured country ham, boiled peanuts, deviled egg aioli, tea-sweetened pickles, fries, cornbread, airy mustard
- Buffalo Trace Neat Cocktail
- Brown Butter Catfish
- Southern Belle cocktail, bourbon, peach liqueur, peach nectar, lemon, mint
- Country Captain beef cheek, Carolina Gold rice, buzzed bourbon apricots, green tomato chow-chow, crispy red beans
- Bless her heart cocktail, bourbon, sage, orange, process
- Miso-nilla biscuit, Sanita Sudd it Elént banana, candied almond
- Oui madame cocktail, bourbon, banana liqueur, sweet vermouth, chocolate and orange bitters
6263 Holladay Blvd E, Holladay, UT 84121
Hi, I’m Stuart, nice to meet you! I am the founder, writer and wrangler of Gastronomic SLC; I’m also a former food critic for over five years, working for the Salt Lake Tribune. I have worked extensively with several local publications, from Visit Salt Lake to Salt Lake Magazine, including helping to review national TV shows.
I’m a multi-award winning journalist and have covered the Utah food scene for nearly fifteen years. I’m largely fueled by a critical obsession with rice, alliteration, and the use of big words I don’t understand. What they say about me: “Not inaccurate”, “I thought he was older”, “I don’t share his feelings”.
This article may contain content provided by one of our paid partners. These are some of the best companies in Utah. For a list of all of our current and past relationships, see our Partnership History page.